Update UK Conformity Assessment
Update UK Conformity Assessment - published on Product Compliance Manager - June 21, 2022
--- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY ---
On June 20, 2022, the British Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) published a new update with information for businesses on the regulatory framework and transitional arrangements during 2021 and 2022. After the UK left the EU, there was a transitional period during which UK law was still subject to EU regulations. This period ended on December 31, 2020. For manufactured goods that were previously covered by the CE marking from the EU and placed on the UK market, a new regulatory regime has now gone into effect (and similar markings; for example, the wheel marking for marine equipment).
In this update, the OPSS highlights a few subjects. We made a summary for your convenience. The full publication is only available to subscribers. Feel free to subscribe, it is at no cost. We don't like spam either, so we will not spam you after you have subscribed.
Update UK Conformity Assessment - Links and Downloads
- Office for Product Safety and Standards
- Official publication from the British Government
- UK Market Conformity Assessment Bodies (UKMCAB) database
- Product Safety and Metrology etc. (Amendment etc.) (UK(NI) Indication) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020.
- Read the list of product categories covered by UK registered Approved Bodies (PDF, 536 KB, 55 pages)
- Read guidance on how to apply to be a UK CAB for product safety and metrology
Other, related, articles that may be of your interest: