List of Standards LVD Updated
List of Standards LVD Updated -published on Product Compliance Manager - May 10, 2022
The European Commission has recently made updates to its Low Voltage safety standards. In effect, this updated list is important to all manufacturers of CE marked products under this Directive that have used European harmonized standards to prove CE compliance.
Do you have applied standards to prove compliance with the aforementioned directive? In that case we recommend you to check the new list of standards to see if any of the standard you applied have been updated, or whether there are new standards available for your products. When standards have been updated by this list, you need to re-evaluate your products against the updated standard and update your Declaration of Conformity.
Graphic Design by Ellina Goncharova from Alura Group
Products that are Affected by the Amended List of Standards
On May 10, 2022, the European Commission published the Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/713, of 4 May 202. This decision regards to very specific products within the scope of the Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU. The amended harmonised standards relate to:
- appliances for heating liquids,
- battery chargers,
- instantaneous water heaters,
- thermal-storage room heaters,
- multifunctional shower cabinets,
- skin exposure to ultraviolet and infrared radiation, and
- other electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits
In comparison with the previous Implementing Decision ((EU) 2019/1956), there are alterations in the Annexes I, Ib and II. Next to additions there are also deletions of content within the different annexes. These apply to the aforementioned products within the scope of the LVD. Underneath in the "Links and Download-section" you will find reference to this decision and the corresponding annexes.
Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/1956 is amended as follows:
- Annex I is amended in accordance with Annex I to this Decision;
- Annex IB is amended in accordance with Annex II to this Decision;
- Annex II is amended in accordance with Annex III to this Decision.
Application Dates of the Various Amendments
- This Decision shall enter into force on the day of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
- Article 1, point (b), shall apply from 10 November 2023.
- Point (1) of Annex I regarding rows 4, 7, 34, 39, 41, 68 and 96 shall apply from 10 November 2023.
- Point (1) of Annex I regarding row 76 shall apply from 10 November 2022
List of Standards LVD Updated: Links and downloads
- Official Publication of the decision on the website of the European Union (including the amended Annexes)
Other, related articles, that may be of your interest:
- Amendments List of Standards Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Amendments List of Standards EMC Directive (2014/30/EU)