Blue Guide: An Overview of Headline Changes
Blue Guide: An Overview of Headline Changes - published on Product Compliance Manager - July 12, 2022
--- Executive Summary ---
As most of us know, the European Commission has published the new 2022 Blue Guide. According to the Commission, this modification is a considerable upgrade. It is a nearly 150 pages long vital reference guide for EU product regulations. Because of its length it may also be good to have a brief rundown of some of the major alterations. This is important for anybody involved in the production, importation, or selling of a product in the EU.
The Blue Guide, a Brief History
The Blue Guide is based on the New Approach and the New Legislative Framework for the Marketing of Products. It is a crucial guidance document that assists in the interpretation and understanding of EU product regulations. The first publication goes as far back as the year 2000. The Guide aims to facilitate the consistent implementation of product regulations throughout all markets and industries.
Further of all, it provides guidance on terms like "placement on the market" and the function of market participants (such as manufacturers, importers, and distributors). Since it was last updated in 2016, a lot of new product regulation has been introduced throughout Europe during the past five years, necessitating an update. The Blue Guide is presently renewed as a result.
The full publication is only available to subscribers. Feel free to subscribe, it is at no cost. We don't like spam either, so we will not spam you after you have subscribed.
Links, sources and downloads
- Blue Guide 2022, official publication in the Official Journal of the European Union
- Cover photo by Photo by AbsolutVision on Unsplash
- Source by Edward Turtle and Tracey Bischofberger from Cooley
Other, related articles, that may be of your interest:
- List of Harmonized Standards for Quality Management Systems, Sterilisation and the Application of Risk Management to Medical Devices Has Been Updated
- Updated List of Harmonized Standards QMS and the Application of RM to MD
- Amendments List of Standards Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Amendments List of Standards EMC Directive (2014/30/EU)
- EMC Directive – 2014/30/EU
- Low Voltage Directive – 2014/35/EU
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive – 2012/19/EU
- Radio Equipment Directive – 2014/53/EU